Internet Services Specialist III
|November 19, 2015 - February 07, 2016|
|Location:||Rock Hill, SC|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for the design, development and daily support activities of an extensive IP network, server hardware/ software and database applications.
- Work in conjunction with Engineering and senior team members to design, secure and implement new and existing technologies (including but not limited to Layer 2/ Layer 3 IP Network Equipment, CMTS, DSL, FTTP, Metro Ethernet, and various software).
- Identify and provide resolutions for hardware and software technical problems.
- Work in conjunction with Engineering to configure and maintain Unix/Linux servers and various services.
- Create records, maintain and document IP addresses, circuits, equipment and network infrastructure using Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio.
- Create and maintain network infrastructure/topology documentation.
- Researches and performs software upgrades to core networking equipment.
- Responsibility for the security and management of our growing network.
- Implementing security protocols across the entire network infrastructure.
- The installation & management of a large number of physical and Mware Unix/Linux servers that provide a wide range of services.
- Provide guidance and support for team members as well as members of other teams within the enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or related work experience.
- 2+ years networking required, but 4 years networking preferred.
- 3 years of Linux/Unix experience required.
- Extensive understanding of network protocols (IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, ICMP) along with real world, hands-on use.
- Strong technical problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in the following Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols; IPv4, IPv6, OSPFv3, RIP, ICMP, TCP/UDP, DHCP & ARP.
- Needs to have an undersanding of MySQL database technologies to support new and existing services.
- Excellent competencies in planning, organization, time management, written and oral communication.
- Programming or scripting languages.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word & Visio.
- Network and OS based certifications are desired (N+, CCxx, BCNE, GIAC, GSEC, Linux+ etc)
- Must be willing and able to work in confined spaces in order to route cables and install equipment.
- Must be willing and able to be on a weekly 'on call' duty rotation every cycle.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Contractor
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.